WordCamps are casual, volunteer organized conferences that focus on WordPress. Each WordCamp is a bit different, but all share a similar goal: to provide an accessible opportunity for people to come together and discuss WordPress, learn from each other, network and have a great time doing it!
A successful WordCamp depends on volunteers. Please consider volunteering to help make this WordCamp a success.
Event venue, timing
Introduction to WordPress for Beginners and Introduction to WordPress for Developers sessions will take place in Rooms RB3201 and RB3202 in the River Building at Carleton University on Thursday, June 16, from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The main sessions of WordCamp Ottawa 2016 will take place in the River Building at Carleton University on:
- Saturday, June 18, from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – a full day of 45-minute sessions in three tracks
- Sunday, June 19, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m – a hands-on day of contributing to WordPress.org, small workshops, group discussions and a site review clinic
On the Saturday we’re hosting a Networking Get-together for speakers and attendees. Please join us for some light food, refreshments and networking at Patty Boland’s Irish Pub and Eatery, 101 Clarence Street, from 6:30 p.m – 9:00 p.m. on Saturday.
Tickets will be $40 per person for the main sessions on Saturday and Sunday, and $15 per person for the Introduction to WordPress for Beginners or Introduction to WordPress for Developers sessions on Thursday. To register.
Naturally, all-day coffee will be provided. Lunch will be served for WordCamp Ottawa 2016 attendees during the main session on Saturday. A casual pizza lunch will be provided for the attendees on Sunday. Learn more.
Sponsorship is an important source of WordCamp funding. It helps determine what we can offer in the way of refreshments, lunch, after-event networking, T-shirts and WordCamp Ottawa swag. Please consider becoming a sponsor of WordCamp Ottawa 2016.
Speakers and topics are being chosen to match the knowledge, experience and skills of:
- Content Creators, who want to learn how to publish content on a WordPress site
- Site Creators, who want to learn more complex tasks but aren’t designers or developers
- Code Creators, designers or developers who want to learn about topics such as site set-up, theme design, plugin development, development best practices and more
Our well-loved Happiness Bar will be returning! The Happiness Bar is a special activity at WordCamp where local and visiting WordPress experts offer complimentary help and advice to attendees who come to the Bar with questions.
The Ottawa WordPress Group
WordCamp Ottawa originates with The Ottawa WordPress Group. WordPress enthusiasts from the Ottawa and surrounding area get together on the first Wednesday of each month to hear a presentation about WordPress, share information and resources, and have a bit of fun. Join us. Everyone is welcome!