The goal of Introduction to WordPress for Beginners, is to introduce new and nearly new WordPress users to the terms and concepts of WordPress before the weekend sessions. There are no prerequisites for this session.
In Introduction to WordPress for Beginners, you will learn:
- What WordPress is
- Who uses WordPress
- What the WordPress dashboard is
- About WordPress content types
- How to add content to a WordPress site, including images and video
- How to add and manage menus, sidebar widgets, themes and plugins
- Introduction to WordPress for Beginners takes place Thursday, June 16, 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in the River Building at Carleton University in Room RB3201.
- You need to register for this session separately. To register, please select the Pre-camp “Introduction to WordPress for Beginners” ONLY option.
- You can attend this session without attending the main WordCamp on the June 18 weekend.
- WiFi will not be enabled during this session.