Introduction to WordPress for Developers is for you if you’re a beginning developer or a developer with no or little WordPress experience who wants to learn some of the main WordPress developer concepts and terms before the weekend sessions. It will be expected that attendees have prior experience using WordPress, but not necessarily developing. At these sessions, you will learn about:
- Template Hierarchy ( Theme Structure )
- The Loop ( Rendering the post/page content )
- Hooks – Actions/Filters ( A WordPress essential for plugins and themes )
- Introduction to WordPress for Developers takes place Thursday, June 16, 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. in the River Building at Carleton University in Room RB3202.
- You need to register for this session separately. To register, please select the Pre-camp “Introduction to WordPress for Developers” ONLY option.
- You can attend this session without attending the main WordCamp on the June 18 weekend.
- WiFi will not be enabled during this session.